pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Hi there,
this is my first post here, sorry but I don't speak german.
I noticed in the last month a strange behaviour by my dacia spring expression, that has just 10.000 km

While in the summer, leaving the car in the garage, made me lose just 1% of the charge over 2-3 days of non usage, right now I am experiencing a higher loss.
Let me be clear, I was expecting some losses, but we are consistently in the range of 2-3% per day, with a temperature that stays between 4 and 14 degrees.

Is that normal?

PS: I don't have anything connected to OBD, to the 12v cigarette lighter socket and the car is completely stock.

Thanks guys!

Rainer K.

eDacia-Kenner
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
Comfort Plus MY22 schw. m. O.
Hi there,
this is my first post here, sorry but I don't speak german.
I noticed in the last month a strange behaviour by my dacia spring expression, that has just 10.000 km

While in the summer, leaving the car in the garage, made me lose just 1% of the charge over 2-3 days of non usage, right now I am experiencing a higher loss.
Let me be clear, I was expecting some losses, but we are consistently in the range of 2-3% per day, with a temperature that stays between 4 and 14 degrees.

Is that normal?

PS: I don't have anything connected to OBD, to the 12v cigarette lighter socket and the car is completely stock.

Thanks guys!
The reason could be an aged 12V battery like mine. In these cold days I have also sometimes losses of SOC about 2%.
Due to the fact that I monitor the 12V battery with a Bluetooth device all time since one year, these losses could be charging over night:
The battery voltage is checked almost every 8h after the last use of the vehicle. If voltage is under 12,58V, charging begins with almost 14,4 V for exactly 6h. This could cause a loss of SOC about 2% over night.
1000006375.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
mmm interesting, but it is really "common" that the 12v battery stays below 12.58v... does the 14,4 v charge starts at any "main" battery level? what if I leave the car at 25% in the garage for 20 days? could I expect the need of a tow truck to go out from the garage because of that? (unfortunately... I cannot charge the car in my garage...)

Rainer K.

eDacia-Kenner
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
mmm interesting, but it is really "common" that the 12v battery stays below 12.58v...
I can only report my experiences.
does the 14,4 v charge starts at any "main" battery level?
Well, I do not know, but I expect that.
Leaving the car in the garage for 20 days with a SOC of 25% shouldn't be a problem except outside temperatur is about -15°C and 12V battery ist old or weak.

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
mmm unfortunately, my car has 1yr battery, and costantly losses 2%+ on daily basis. Outside, the minimum temp is -1°C, the max 16... should I take the car for a check at the garage?

Jojosch

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Extreme
Motor
65 PS (48kW)
Baujahr
Details
Leider ohne CCS
Hello pmera91,
I think it would be no harm to check the battery. You can also use a Bluetooth device to monitored your 12V batterie like Rainer K. is doing

Rainer K.

eDacia-Kenner
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
mmm unfortunately, my car has 1yr battery, and costantly losses 2%+ on daily basis. Outside, the minimum temp is -1°C, the max 16... should I take the car for a check at the garage?
2% and more loss of SOC a day is definitely too much in my experiences. There might be a consumer load like the vacuum pump of the breaking system that doesn't work properly i.e. leaking brake servo unit.

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Hello pmera91,
I think it would be no harm to check the battery. You can also use a Bluetooth device to monitored your 12V batterie like Rainer K. is doing
Hi Jojosch,
yep, I could also do that with my ODB scanner, leaving that connected.
I'll keep you in the loop

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Thanks guys for your help and impressions.
I will try in that way:
1) will try to charge the 12v battery with a dedicated charger (tricky, but will find a place with an outlet)
2) will start monitoring the battery for 1-2 weeks
after that we'll see if wait the next (first) inspection or anticipate the garage checks.

Jojosch

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Extreme
Motor
65 PS (48kW)
Baujahr
Details
Leider ohne CCS
Please be careful when you want to charge the 12V battery with an external charger. I read somewhere, that Dacia does not recommend to do so when the battery is still in the car.
Maybe because the car is monitoring the battary and is charging, when Voltage gets too low. I don't know what happens when there is a high external voltage

Empfohlene Communitys

Oben