pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Hi there
Is there a known way to start, stop, reduce charging speed through OBD?
My goal is to build a device connected via OBD that reached a define % or KWH loaded on a single charge will stop the charge.
Speed charge reduction is mostly to not charge via DC at the maximum speed, to preserve the battery but with the higher efficiency.

Is anybody already working on that? Or maybe is there something similar already?
Consider that I need to charge the car on public network most of the time, so working on the charger is not really possible...

Cheers

itsme

eDacia-Interessierter
One way is to use iobroker with the Renault Adapter and a script monitoring charging status and battery soc and interrupting charging at target soc...

Spring-high

Supermoderator
Teammitglied
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
Dacia Spring Electric Comfort+
Google translate:

Frage:

Hallo
Gibt es eine bekannte Möglichkeit, die Ladegeschwindigkeit über OBD zu starten, zu stoppen und zu reduzieren? Mein Ziel ist es, ein über OBD verbundenes Gerät zu bauen, das einen definierten %- oder KWH-Wert erreicht, der mit einer einzigen Ladung geladen wird und den Ladevorgang stoppt.
Die Reduzierung der Geschwindigkeitsladung besteht hauptsächlich darin, nicht mit der maximalen Geschwindigkeit über Gleichstrom zu laden, um die Batterie zu schonen, aber mit höherer Effizienz.
Arbeitet schon jemand daran? Oder gibt es vielleicht schon etwas Ähnliches?
Bedenken Sie, dass ich das Auto die meiste Zeit über das öffentliche Netz aufladen muss, sodass Arbeiten am Ladegerät nicht wirklich möglich sind ...

Antwort

Eine Möglichkeit besteht darin, iobroker mit dem Renault-Adapter und einem Skript zu verwenden, das den Ladestatus und den Batterieladezustand überwacht und den Ladevorgang am Zielladezustand unterbricht ...

Tom ate

eDacia-Angesehener
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
2 Stück davon
You are trying to limit DC charging current via OBD? Interesting idea, but unfortunately, I never heard anything about that!

Du versuchst den DC-Ladestrom über OBD zu begrenzen? Interessante Idee, aber leider habe ich davon noch nie etwas gehört!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Hi there, here I am

first: I tested iobroker, that is really working well, but unfortunately cannot limit the charging speed... but at least I could start - stop the charging in an automated way (or seems that you can do that).

I was contacted by Fabio Java, that is developing a clever interface for the dacia spring also

I will try to see if I can contribute with the project and maybe posts some results here

Fabio Java

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
CCS, homemade frunk.
I don't know iobroker, is it a mqtt broker or can it relay on mqtt? My device already can send data (SOC, SOH etc.) via mqtt and also receive commands in the same way. So it would be wonderful to know how control charging via OBD, because then it could be easy integrated, as I already did with my Twizy.

pmera91

eDacia-Interessierter
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
hey,
no: iobroker, in short, let you use some API that actually the app mydacia uses to get info from the car and also let you start and stop the charge with builtin funtions, without the use of an external device installed in the car...

these are the functions already implemented:
Screenshot from 2024-01-28 16-51-40.png

these are some stats you can grab from the battery:
Screenshot from 2024-01-28 16-54-56.png

There are some ways we could take to automate the charging stop, but unfortunately the info are not really precise. Let's say eg I would like to stop charging the car after 10 kwh. In that case, the idea could be "switch off" using one of the remote functions when BatteryAvailableEnergy equals 10 + x , considering x the value of the battery when we started charging the car... but this thing is really not so precise

Also, I am still missing a way on how to limit the speed charging... and I don't think there would be exposed APIs from the car that would let you reduce from the app charging speed.

So... I think the best option could be investigate further on OBD checking if limiting forcefully charging speed like you can do with Teslas is really possible or not

Fahrer

eDacia-Fortgeschrittener
Version
Comfort+
Motor
45 PS (33 kW)
Baujahr
Details
CCS
I dont understand how this works....but if it will run it will be very interesting for all of us Spring users. I wish very much luck for this ideas!

Oben